Конкурсы, тендеры

miniBB ®
 | Начало | Регистрация | Ответить | Поиск | Статистика |
Экспертиза смет e-smeta.ru Forum / Экспертиза смет /

Jacoby Ellsbury Jersey

Автор linchao
Участник
#1 | Дата: 23 Мар 2019 04:40
The Tampa Bay Rays have been one of baseball's hottest teams for the past two weeks but have to continue to play well — and win — when they hit the road for the final time this season for seven-game trip that begins Monday against the Texas Rangers at Globe Life Park in Arlington http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-kent-hrbek-jersey , Texas.Tampa Bay will send right-hander Tyler Glasnow (1-6, 4.48 ERA) to the mound to begin the first game of the series and the Rangers will counter with right-hander Adrian Sampson (0-1, 5.06).The Rays have won 11 of their past 14 games, outscoring opponents 79-47 during that stretch, and are a season-high 16 games above .500. But all of that work have be for naught — and will especially be so if Tampa Bay doesn't take care of business against Texas.Article continues below ...The Rays head to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex on the heels of taking two of three games from Oakland, which is in a battle with New York for the two American League wild-card spot, well clear of Tampa Bay and Seattle, the only other two teams still with a mathematical chance for the postseason.C.J. Cron and Willy Adames homered for the Rays and Brandon Lowe tripled home two runs in a 5-4 victory on Sunday to provide Tampa Bay a 5-0 lead, which stood up despite the Athletics' four-run outburst in the ninth inning.Tampa Bay used eight relievers during its third straight "bullpen" day and they held Oakland to four hits, one of which was Khris Davis' grand slam in the ninth that made the ending a little more exciting.The Rangers head back to Arlington for their final homestand of the season after dropping the finale of a nine-game road trip 7-3 on Sunday at San Diego on Francisco Mejia's walk-off grand slam off Jeffrey Springs. Texas entered the ninth leading 3-2 after sWillie Calhoun and Jurickson Profar hit solo home runs to back seven solid innings on the mound from Mike Minor.Sampson will make his second start as a Ranger in Monday's homestand opener against Tampa Bay after suffering a tough-luck loss in first start on Tuesday against the Angels, a 1-0 defeat in which Texas batters did not have a hit until the eighth inning.He became just the sixth starter in Texas history to suffer a loss when allowing one run and two or fewer hits in a qualifying start, and the first since C.J. Wilson on July 21, 2011, at Los Angeles."As good as it was, I don't think we've seen as good as he can," Texas manager Jeff Banister said of Sampson's performance in the loss to the Angels. "The shape of the pitch, the spin rate, the extension that we saw in the minor leagues all suggest there is still better. I think the second time he takes the ball he will be a little more relaxed."Sampson made his Rangers debut in relief on Sept. 7 at Oakland. He had his contract purchased from Triple-A Round Rock on Sept. 4 after spending the entire season with the Express, going 8-4 with a 3.77 ERA.Glasnow Kennys Vargas Jersey , acquired at the trade deadline from Pittsburgh, is 0-4 with a 4.70 ERA in eight starts with the Rays but has received two runs or fewer of support in all of those outings, including four starts with no run support. He has allowed two runs or fewer in five of his eight starts since the trade."(Wins) are not a very relevant stat," Glasnow told MLB.com. "I mean, if I were 4-0, I would say it's very relevant, but I'm not going to change anything. Just go out and pitch well, and if I get a win then I get a win. and if I don't, then I don't."Glasnow has never faced the Rangers and never pitched at Globe Life Park, where the heat and humidity can sap players' strength."There's some pretty humid places I've pitched in this year, and I think once you're out there, it's not really a factor," Glasnow said. "I like pitching in really hot places. You loosen up quicker, and I'm pretty comfortable with it." Although Robinson Cano is ready to return from an 80-game suspension for performance-enhancing drugs, his comeback is doomed to be short-lived. Even if the Seattle Mariners qualify for the postseason, Cano will be ineligible to participate.Meanwhile, in Houston, Roberto Osuna is fresh off a 75-game banfor violating Major League Baseball'sdomestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse policy. And he's ready Bert Blyleven Jersey , willing and permitted to help the Astros win a second straight World Series championship.Something seems wrong, no?If the question is how much cynicism MLB is willing to tolerate, there is.For their part, Cano and the Mariners would undoubtedly love to be together if the team does indeed make its first postseason since 2001. He betrayed everyone's trust when he got popped for using a banned masking agent,but he's still a $240 million megastar who had been going strong (see his .825 OPS) even at the age of 35.However, this isn't about what's best for Cano and the Mariners.Mark Cunningham/Getty ImagesAlong with harsher regular-season penalties, postseasonbans became an official part of MLB's and the MLB Players Association's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program in 2014. That promised an additional blow to violators' wallets. It would also bar them from redemption on baseball's biggest stage."Our hope here is that the adjustments that we鈥檝e made do inevitably get [the number of violators] to zero," said MLBPA chief Tony Clark, per the Associated Press (via theNew York Times). He added: "I am hopeful that players make the right decisions that are best for them, for their careers and for the integrity of the game."Clark may be getting his wish.Per Baseball-Almanac.com, there were 21 PED suspensions in 2012 and 2013 alone. There have been only 22 since 2014. Not surprisingly, none of the players involved was traded to a contender later in a given season.Which brings us back to Osuna and a cringe-worthy situation that might be avoided in the future.Since the details of his case are being kept under wraps, only so much is known about how, exactly, the former Toronto Blue Jays right-hander has found himself in hot water. But there is a clear timeline:May 8:Osuna isarrested and charged with assault of a female victimMay 17: According toVjosa Isai and Wendy Gillisof theToronto Star,Osuna is ordered to stay away from a specific Toronto building, not communicate with his alleged victim and not consume alcohol or possess weaponsJune 18:Osuna's attorney, Domenic Basile, confirms to Betsy Powell of Star that the charge revolves around an "alleged domestic abuse" for which Osunawill plead not guiltyJune 22:MLB concludes its investigation http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authentic-paul-o_neill-jersey , and Commissioner Rob Manfred hands Osuna the third-longest suspension under its domestic violence policy, which went into effect August 2015July 30:Following supposed "unprecedented" due diligence, the Astrosacquire Osuna from the Blue JaysAugust 6:Osuna returns to the moundWhile Osuna's suspension is over, his criminal case is not.According to Matt Young of theHouston Chronicle, the All-Star closer has a court date in Toronto on Sept. 5. Basile plans to seek a postponement and a "peace bond," which would result in the charges being dropped in exchange for Osuna's promise that he will stay on good behavior.If that doesn't pan out, things will proceed and possibly result in Osuna being convicted and/orbarred entry from the United States.In the meantime, the Astros have a public relations nightmare on their hands.There's no taking issue with the actual content of the trade. Houston only sent three spare assets (right-handers Ken Giles, David Paulino and Hector Perez) to Toronto in exchange for Osuna, who's still only 23 and under team control through 2020.Still, general manager Jeff Luhnow sought to get out ahead of the inevitable backlash. Thus came astatement that expressed confidence that "Osuna is remorseful" and that he'll "fully comply with our zero tolerance policy related to abuse of any kind."Luhnow's bit on "zero tolerance" was rightfully panned as being blatantly disingenuous, however. The bit about Osuna being remorsefulearned a pointed clarification from Basile. Via ESPN's Buster Olney:Buster Olney Buster_ESPNRoberto Osunas lawyer speaking about the word quot;remorsefulquot; that was used by the Astros in reference to their new reliever: quot;My client is not remorseful of being guilty of any criminal activity,quot; Basile said Wednesday. quot;Hes obviously remorseful of the circumstances.quot;Luhnow may have been hoping that his team and its fans would graciously accept Osuna, but there's been some hesitance for both. Ace pitcher Justin Verlander referred to the trade as a "tough situation." When one female fan expressed her frustration on social media, the reaction was swift and severe."Astros fans have always stuck together," the fan told Jenny Dial Creech of the Houston Chronicle. "It was crazy to see how this trade tore them apart a little. Everyone took a side."But then, it's doubtful that Luhnow and the rest of Houston's decision-makers ever thought everything would be hunky-dory after they went ahead with the trade. Or even cared, for that matter.They're poker-faced pragmatists whose chief concern is winning another World Series.Since there's no guarantee that Osuna's legal situation will keep him on the field beyond 2018, that was almost certainly the Astros' primary motivation in trading for himnow rather than waiting until after he had cleared his suspension and/or his name. If it ends with Osuna getting the last out in the World Series Jacoby Ellsbury Jersey , they're not going to be quick to regret it.This isn't the first situation of its kind that MLB has encountered in the years since it i
Экспертиза смет e-smeta.ru Forum / Экспертиза смет / Jacoby Ellsbury Jersey Наверх

Ваш ответ Нажмите эту иконку для возврата на цитируемое сообщение

» Логин  » Пароль 
Только зарегистрированные пользователи могут отправлять сообщения. Авторизуйтесь для отправки сообщений, или зарегистрируйтесь сейчас.

e-smeta.ru  Forum Поддержка: Discussion Forum Software miniBB ®
Новости | Работа : Вакансии | Работа : Резюме | Индексы | Примеры смет
Сметы онлайн | Справочники | Форум | Статьи | Экспертиза смет
Конкурсы, тендеры | Наследование
Контакты | Оценка собственности